6.24.2010

roasted broccoli pick up sticks

I’ve made this so many times, I don’t even measure anymore. This is a great way to get kids to eat broccoli.

Makes four side-dish servings or 12-15 cocktail party servings.

Ingredients

1 pound broccoli florets, separated

1 inch-piece fresh ginger root, peeled and diced (I use a microplaner)

1 clove garlic, minced

1⁄2 teaspoon salt

1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (use just a pinch)

1-2 tablespoons olive oil

black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. With your hands, mix to combine until broccoli is well coated. Place broccoli on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and into the oven. Roast until fork tender (about 12 minutes). Serve warm or at room temperature.

Tip: Buy fresh ginger, peel it, and put it in a Ziploc bag in the freezer. Use a microplaner to grate it in your recipes. You’ll always have fresh ginger since it keeps for months frozen.

0 comments: